- Akademia City is designed to be a 100% sustainable, while offering upscale accomodations and amenities at a fraction of the normal cost. While the provision of all of the free services listed on our website is our ultimate goal, accomplishing this goal will require significant work and investment in infrastructure. Therefore, we cannot provide a definitive timeframe for the availability of all of these services. That said, it is our mission to provide these services for free so that you can be empowered to do what you truly love doing.
The initiation of construction of Akademia City depends upon the satisfaction of various regulatory and permitting requirements. While we aim to complete these steps as quickly as possible, some of these factors and the outcome associated with them is not within our control. This includes but is not limited to the possibility that we may need to delay construction and/or shift the site location to another region or state.
- Due to the complexity and scope of a project of this nature, all timeframes and costs provided on our website or via email (other than the training & education component of $49.95 / month) are estimates only and are subject to change at any time.
- Akademia owns and operates its own extensive network of internet radio, press, video, retail, licensing and live event sites. The goal of this network is to enable clients to begin to build their body of work out in the real world and to bring diverse creative projects to Akademia City. Bershire Media Group and XR Media are wholly-owned subsidiaries of Akademia. XR Media stands for Xtreme Regionalized Media, a state-of-the-art fusion of the power of the Internet to deliver the highest media quality with a regional marketing focus. All media content is curated in Los Angeles and tailored to suit the language and cultural preferences of audiences in major metropolitan markets such as New York, Rio De Janeiro, London, Tokyo and others and delivered through our media websites. XR Media is putting creative leaders in touch with audiences all across the world by delivering content tailored for each region.
- All text, images, videos and weblinks shared with you as part of the training and curriculum are the intellectual property of Akademia. By enrolling in Akademia you agree to keep all text, images, video and weblinks confidential and will not duplicate or share this information in any form with anyone else.
You understand that, in the event that you knowingly breach this agreement, you may be held liable for financial damages as a result of this breach.
- If you participate in Akademia's Client Referral Program, you agree to be classified as an independent contractor for tax and regulatory purposes. As an independent contractor, you will retain flexible work hours, will be free to engage in other work opportunities, and will receive a 1099 tax form at the end of each tax year.
- If you participate in Akademia's Client Referral Program, you agree to abide by the guidelines set forth in our training materials and to conduct business in an ethical manner, using only methods that are legally permitted in your country or state. You agree to indemnify Akademia against any and all legal claims or fines should you knowingly or unknowingly violate the laws of your country or state.
- Refund Policy: Any request for a refund submitted within 30 days of enrollment will be granted. You may make monthly payments using your credit card or PayPal account. The amount of $49.95 will automatically be deducted from your account on the same date every month. Although you may cancel at any time, we are confident that you will be satisfied with the unique knowledge and support for your vision provided by the Akademia opportunity. After the 30-day refund period, no refunds will be issued for payments made.
- Discontinuation contigency: In the event that Akademia discontinues its program for any reason, Akademia will continue to provide services up to the paid-through date for those services. No refund will be given as a result of this discontinuation and inability to continue training and educational services for students. Services are provided on an ongoing basis at face value of the information provided only and are not tied to a particular outcome, such as conferral of a certificate or offering residence in Akademia City. By enrolling, the client hereby indemnifies Akademia against any and all future claims due to Akademia's inability to continue its services, confer a certificate or offer residence in Akademia City beyond its discontinuation date.
- Any dispute arising under this Agreement shall be finally settled on an individual basis in accordance with the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Service, Inc. (“JAMS”) by three arbitrators appointed in accordance with such Rules. The arbitration shall take place in Los Angeles, California, in the English language and the arbitral decision may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.