THE AKADEMIA TERMS OF SERVICE
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole handlers of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via submission, email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, in order to fulfill our award, creative management and educational services. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. obtain radio, press, video, licensing, retail or live event placements in accordance with our creative management services, global marketing campaign and education services.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information, that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only Akademia employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, submission reviews, curriculum, radio, press or other services) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
- The Akademia is based in Los Angeles, California and functions as both an Awards and Creative Management Service for professionals and as a creative learning institution for students of all ages. The Akademia is the only learning institution in the world with knowledge of the Five Laws of the Quantum Mind and a curriculum capable of transferring that knowledge to you. This curriculum includes physical, intellectual and imaginative course components, a structure that is crucial for unlocking your full potential and your innate creative power. It also includes a yearly global marketing campaign for each creative project that you develop during the program.
For students, your Creative Project is a creative work in your primary interest area that you either submitted during the admission process or developed during the first year. During The Akademia four-year program, each student is responsible for creating one new project per year in their primary interest area, which will be the subject of their global marketing campaign. The objective of The Akademia curriculum is the development of your unique Personal Vision culminating in a four-year degree and launch of your personal vision into the real world.
We have found that the single most important difference between those who succeed and those who do not is their mindset. Therefore, The Akademia is designed to first open up new possibilities within the minds of individuals by recognizing their potential and preparing them for success. Under these conditions, we have found that significant real-world success can and does in fact manifest.
- By submitting your music, video, artwork, essay, research paper, biographical information, photos or other creative content to The Akademia you hereby grant The Akademia license to use this creative content in a responsible and reasonable manner in accordance with our commitment to garnering more professional recognition for your creative project and building your body of work.
- In accordance with our commitment to garnering more exposure for your creative project, The Akademia may seek and obtain placement of your song, video, film, artwork or other creative content on radio, press, video, retail, licensing or live event channels. You will be notified by email of any and all placements obtained. All placements are secured for promotional purposes only and will not accrue royalties as The Akademia does not derive any income from these placements or from advertising.
- While we take every step to maximize exposure for and increase the likelihood of each student's success, we cannot guarantee a particular outcome due to unpredictable forces and the unique nature of each artist project. That said, we have assembled what we believe to be a powerful combination of an innovative curriculum based upon the Five Laws of the Quantum Mind, academic experts, corporate partners and radio, press, video, retail, licensing and live event channels to advance the career of each student.
- The Akademia owns and operates its own extensive network of internet radio, press, video, retail, licensing and live event sites. The goal of this network is to enable students to begin to build their body of work out in the real world and to bring diverse creative projects to audiences worldwide. Bershire Media Group and XR Media are wholly-owned subsidiaries of The Akademia. XR Media stands for Xtreme Regionalized Media, a state-of-the-art fusion of the power of the Internet to deliver the highest media quality with a regional marketing focus. All media content is curated in Los Angeles and tailored to suit the language and cultural preferences of audiences in major metropolitan markets such as New York, Rio De Janeiro, London, Tokyo and others and delivered through our media websites. XR Media is putting creative leaders in touch with audiences all across the world by delivering content tailored for each region.
- Refund Policy: Any request for a refund of a submission fee received before the end of that month will be refunded within 5 - 7 business days. Any refund requests received after the end of the month will not be actioned, due to the fact the submission will already be in the review process with the Akademia executive team. You may make monthly payments using your credit card or PayPal account. The amount of $99.95 will automatically be deducted from your account on the same date every month. Although you may cancel at any time, we are confident that you will be satisfied with the unique knowledge and life-changing effects from our creative management service and educational curriculum. Once program services or classes begin, no refunds will be issued for payment made.
- Discontinuation contigency: In the event that The Akademia discontinues its program for any reason, The Akademia will continue to provide services up to the paid-through date for those services. No refund will be given as a result of this discontinuation and inability to continue creative management services for professionals or degree programs for students. Services are provided on an ongoing basis at face value of the information provided only and are not tied to a particular outcome for professionals or conferral of a degree for students beyond any possible discontinuation date. By enrolling, the professional or student hereby indemnifies The Akademia against any and all future claims due to The Akademia's inability to continue its services or confer a degree beyond its discontinuation date.
- Any dispute arising under this Agreement shall be finally settled on an individual basis in accordance with the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Service, Inc. (“JAMS”) by three arbitrators appointed in accordance with such Rules. The arbitration shall take place in Los Angeles, California, in the English language and the arbitral decision may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.