- The Akademia Music Awards is dedicated to recognizing top musical talent across the globe and advancing musicians' careers.
- Due to the volume received, submissions for The Akademia Music Awards are divided into executive review groups to ensure that each submission receives the time and attention it deserves. This means that submissions in different review groups may tie for top honors in the same genre in a given month. This does not diminish the prestige of the award (as there are still hundreds of submissions in each group that may not be selected), it is simply a reflection of the human element involved with listening to, discussing, debating and ranking submissions.
- While we take every step to maximize exposure for and increase the likelihood of each client's success, we cannot guarantee a particular outcome due to unpredictable forces and the unique nature of each music project. That said, we have assembled what we believe to be a powerful combination of record label expertise, top talent management practices and the radio, press, video, retail, licensing and live event channels necessary to advance the career of each client.
- Akademia owns and operates its own extensive network of internet radio, press, video, retail, licensing and live event sites. The goal of this network is to provide channels for musicians to reach the right audiences in all regions of the world. Berkshire Media Group and XR Media are wholly owned subsidiaries of Akademia. XR Media stands for Xtreme Regionalized Media, a state-of-the-art fusion of the power of the Internet to deliver the highest media quality with a regional marketing focus. All media content is curated in Los Angeles and tailored to suit the language and cultural preferences of audiences in major metropolitan markets such as New York, Rio De Janeiro, London, Tokyo and others and delivered through our media websites. XR Media is putting musicians in touch with audiences all across the world by delivering content tailored for each region.
- By submitting your music, video, biographical information, photos or other creative content to Akademia you hereby grant Akademia license to use this creative content in a responsible and reasonable manner in accordance with our commitment to garnering more exposure and professional recognition for your music. You will retain 100% of the rights to your music.
- In accordance with our commitment to garnering more exposure for your work, Akademia may seek and obtain placement of your song, video or other creative content on radio, press, video, retail, licensing or live media channels. Due to the volume of placements, you may not be notified of each individual placement. However, you may contact Akademia at any time to request removal of your music, video or other creative content from any or all of our sites. All placements are secured for promotional purposes only and will not accrue royalties as Akademia does not derive any income from these placements or from advertising.
- Akademia's Global Marketing Campaign requires commitment to a full twelve-month campaign. This committment is essential for our team to execute all services effectively on your behalf. If you cancel your membership at any time before the twelve-month period expires, you will be fully liable for the remaining balance owed to Akademia. You also understand that under no circumstances will you be eligible to pursue a chargeback or request a refund for any past payments related to your Akademia Membership, as this represents past work completed by Akademia on your behalf.
- Award Plaques or AMI (Akademia Minted Items) purchase orders may be cancelled within 24 hours. After that time period, production commences and the custom item is not eligible for a refund. Any items that arrive defective or damaged will be replaced at no additional cost to you. If a dispute or chargeback is claimed for the item after the 24-hour period, the plaque will be shipped out to you and you will be held responsible for the amount owed to Akademia. If a dispute or chargeback is claimed for an AMI after the 24-hour period, the AMI will be manufactured and the ownership of that item will remain with Akademia.
- AMI's may be held in a temporary holding facility prior to being transferred to an Akademia vault. They will be subject to the same care and security measures during this temporary holding period to ensure their integrity.
- Refund Policy: Any request for a refund of a music submission fee received before the end of that month will be refunded within 5 - 7 business days. Any refund requests received after the end of the month will not be actioned, due to the fact the submission will already be in the review process with the Akademia executive team.
If you choose to enroll in Akademia's Global Marketing Campaign, you will have the option to make monthly payments using your credit card or PayPal account. The amount of $49.95 will automatically be deducted from your account on the same date every month. Any request for a refund submitted within 10 days of enrollment will be granted. Although you may cancel at any time, we are confident that you will be satisfied with the unique services and knowledge provided through Akademia's program. After the 10-day refund period, no refunds will be issued for payments made.
If you choose to purchase Akademia's Digital Live Performance Package, any request for a refund submitted within 10 days of purchase will be granted. After the 10-day refund period, no refunds will be issued for payments made, as preparatory work will have already commenced on production of your concert video.
- Any dispute arising under this Agreement shall be finally settled on an individual basis in accordance with the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Service, Inc. (“JAMS”) by three arbitrators appointed in accordance with such Rules. The arbitration shall take place in Los Angeles, California, in the English language and the arbitral decision may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.