- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via submission, email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, in order to fulfill our award services. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. obtain radio, press and other placements.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information, that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only Akademia employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, submission reviews, radio, press or other services) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
- The Akademia Music Awards is based in Los Angeles, California and is dedicated to garnering exposure and professional recognition for its award winners and advancing their careers through all a unique promotional opportunity.
- Submissions for The Akademia Music Awards are divided into executive review groups to ensure that each submission receives the attention it deserves. This also means that there are multiple award groups and often multiple winners of the same award across the groups. This does not diminish the prestige of the award (as there are still hundreds of submissions in each group that may not be selected), it is simply a reflection of the human element involved with listening to, discussing, debating and ranking music submissions. This human element is also what makes The Akademia Awards unique and of high value to artists.
- The Akademia owns and operates its own extensive network of radio, press and video sites and we are constantly acquiring new properties. The goal of this growing network is to bring diverse new music to audiences worldwide. Bershire Media Group and XR Media are wholly-owned subsidiaries of The Akademia. XR Radio stands for Xtreme Regionalized Radio, a state-of-the-art fusion of the power of the Internet to deliver the highest sound quality with a regional marketing focus. Our radio content is curated in Los Angeles and tailored to suit the language and music preferences of audiences in major metropolitan markets such as New York, Rio De Janeiro, London, Tokyo and others and delivered through our radio station websites. XR Radio is putting great artists in touch with audiences all across the world by delivering content tailored for each region.
- We have found that the single most important difference between those artists who succeed and those who do not is their mindset. Therefore, The Akademia awards and promotional strategy are designed to first open up new possibilities within the minds of artists by recognizing their potential and preparing them for success. Under these conditions, we have found that significant real-world success can and does in fact manifest.
- By submitting your music, video, biographical information, photos or other creative content to the Akademia you hereby grant the Akademia license to use this creative content in a responsible and reasonable manner in accordance with our commitment to garnering more exposure and professional recognition for your music.
- In accordance with our commitment to garnering more exposure for your music, The Akademia may seek and obtain placement of your song, video or other creative content on radio, video or other media channels. You will be notified by email of any and all placements obtained. All placements are secured for promotional purposes only and will not accrue royalties as The Akademia does not derive any income from these placements or from advertising.
- While we take every step to maximize exposure for and increase the likelihood of each artist's success, we cannot guarantee a particular outcome due to unpredictable forces and the unique nature of each artist project. That said, we have assembled what we believe to be a powerful combination of industry experts, corporate partners and radio, press, video and other channels to advance the career of each award winner.
- Refund Policy: Any request for a refund of a music submission fee received before the end of that month will be refunded within 5 - 7 business days. Any refund requests received after the end of the month will not be actioned, due to the fact the music submission will already be in the review process with the Akademia executive team.
- Any dispute arising under this Agreement shall be finally settled on an individual basis in accordance with the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Service, Inc. (“JAMS”) by three arbitrators appointed in accordance with such Rules. The arbitration shall take place in Los Angeles, California, in the English language and the arbitral decision may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.